Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Performing and Teaching

There is a HUGE difference on performing and teaching……… Kettlebell specially.

I had the great opportunity to learn how perform Kettlebell and understand the system over a year before I was certified. And to be honest I thought that it wasn’t necessary to get certified. Did I teach some drills to my clients before I went the RKC? Yes I did. Did I have challenges teaching and correcting? Yes I did and I still have.

The human body is an amazing and beautiful machine and even though I work with human bodies all the time, none of the look or function the same…. Wow!!!! They are all different. Going to the RKC and constantly participating in seminars is an amazing opportunity to learn how to apply the principles to a specific individual.

Learning NEVER ends and the RKC system is one of the best, practical and easy ways to learn “practical” skills that you can apply immediately.

Even though I am the youngest of seven Venezuelan athletes, have a degree in Physical Therapy, have the RKC certification, continue to participate in many workshops, seminars, have worked with clients for over 12 years, am being married to a knowledgeable husband and have dedicated my entire life to fitness and health… I still feel that I have a huge way to go.

The truth is that learning never ends. Rather than being goal oriented, Franz and I have made it our lifelong goal to be “GROWTH” oriented. That way we know we will always strive for growth and not just goals. Goals will be met, than what? If you are growth oriented you will never “Arrive at a destination” because life really is a journey of growth (if you choose it to be).

~Yoana

1 comment:

Ken Black said...

Always great to read your insights Yoana. Glad that the classes are going well:) Look forward to seeing you soon.