Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kettlebells and Pregnancy














The greatest Journey of my life

….. and It has just started!

Are you pregnant? Or thinking of getting pregnant? Are you a trainer and is your client pregnant…. Now what?

I have been in the health and fitness industry my whole life and being fit and looking good has been necessary to keep my career moving forward. Who wants to train with a fat and unfit girl? When I found out that I was pregnant I was so happy yet nervous at the same time. Is my body going to be able to handle this? Could I workout? Should I? If I could, what type of exercises could I safely perform? How about the health of my baby?…

5 comments:

fawn said...

Excellent article Yoana! My first pregnant kettlebell student is getting ready to give birth at the end of this month! She trained with kettlebells up to a few weeks ago, she used your blog as inspiration. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am looking into getting kettlebells to get into better shape and to stay in shape before my husband and I decide to have children. I'm also motivation for my husband who is looking to lose about 30lbs. What is the cheapest way I can get kettlebells and dvds for us both to use and workout with? We are on a shoestring budget and can't afford much. Thank you!

Yoana Teran Snideman said...

Thank you Fawn!

It is nice to hear that my pregnancy Journey has helped others.

Congratulations to your student!!!!

Yoana Teran Snideman said...

Carrie,

Feel free to contact me at yoana@revolutionlajolla.com for more information.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this article! We have a client that is expecting and your article is very helpful. I may reach out in the coming months with some additional questions. Great to know about starting the second trimester and eliminating any exercises laying on the back. Even the get up.... :(. I do think it is important to always be sure she is consulting with her physician. In your opinion should we have her provide a doctor's release.

Thank you!
Kristen McBryde RKC, CK-FMS
Kristen@tennesseekettlebell.com