Friday, January 25, 2008

Marianna......Pregnancy.....and Getting my body back!

Well as most of you know, our beautiful daughter "Marianna" was born on December 29, 2007. Tomorrow will be four weeks since her birth and Franz and I couldn't be more joyous and excited to have her here with us. I never knew I could feel so much love and joy for a person.

Physically I feel great even though I am sleep deprived. As far as exercise goes, I have done no weight training but I have been extremely active (breastfeeding, moving up and down our stairs all day long, taking care of the house, etc..) I think that for 4 weeks out from the birth of Marianna I am getting back my former body (faster than I thought I would). And I know that it is from all of the exercise that I did during my pregnancy. One more time I encourage every women to keep working out during pregnancy time.


During my pregnancy I had many people tell me how crazy I was to work out like I was. However I never heard anybody telling me how crazy I was for eating sweets or bad food. Why is it that people consider working out while pregnant dangerous but eating toxic and poisonous food is not? Thank God I had a very good group of medical Doctors that always encouraged me to keep my fitness lifestyle during the pregnancy. I give my training all the thanks for helping me get through the delivery. It really provided me the strength that I needed and the overall experience was very rewarding.

10 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

Very cute!
Fore head reminds me Franz, and beautiful eyes of yours.

Zorbs said...

I haven't seen my sister in law since she had her baby the first week of January, but I'm willing to bet she looks nowhere as good as you.

If/when I get pregnant I'm going to keep kettlebell training for as long as I can. You and Lauren Broooks are living proof the "mommy pooch" can be avoided!

Pamela MacElree said...

Yoana, you look great! Keep up the good work and many congrats again to you and Franz!

Yoana Teran Snideman said...

Taikei,

Thank you so much!

Zorbs,

You can for sure beat the mommy pooch with good training and nutrition. Let me know when you get pregnant :)

Pamela,

Thank you! I look forward to seeing you in the future!

CJ said...

You look amazing! It was cool to see you working out all the way through your pregnancy. Your baby is beautiful! I hope you are feeling as good as you look! Curious, have read awhile but don't comment often. How tall are you? Do you know your bodyfat percent? Thanks for the inspiration, hard work pays off and you are proof of that.

Howie B said...

Damn girl, you don't even look like you just had a baby! Amazing!

Lauren Brooks said...

You look amazing! All that exercising during your pregnancy sure paid off! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Yoana! It's great to see you and your wonderful daughter looking so healthy and happy! You are definitely an inspiration!
Best of health to you and your family!

Anya

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Yoana y Franz, Felicitaciones a todos para la recien llegada de la bella Mariana. Ustedes aparecen super felices. Y la guapita que eres...
Pues por fin empece (de nuevo) mi Blog. Favor de visitar.

Kettlebell Lady said...

cute...I know what that "lack of sleep" thing is like. God Bless!