Friday, December 21, 2007

16kg Snatch Test + My thoughts on Technique

So earlier this week I tested my pregnancy shape by passing the RKC snatch test with the 12kg; NO PROBLEM! So I decided to keep the "FUN" going. According to my current weight and the RKC requirement I have the option to be tested with the 12kg or the 16kg; I chose the 16kg this time. The number I needed to reach with the 16kg was 26 reps. I completed 15 each arm.

TECHNIQUE: Here are my thoughts on the snatch while pregnant.

* When dropping the KB between the legs it is essential that you bring the KB outside the belly so you don't hit the baby. For example, if you are doing snatches on your right arm, make sure you tuck the KB more to the right side of your inner leg. It is similar to the safety principle of protecting your breasts while doing cleans. You want to protect that area so therefore you bring the KB lateral as much as possible.

* Your stance may need to be a bit wider than your normal stance.

I wish all of you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Yoanna, you are an impressive person in so many ways. I am very happy for you, Franz, and your families with the baby on the way and all the other successes you two have had and continue to have.

All the best to you, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and a peaceful and blessed holiday season

Joe

leslie said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Wish I had better words, but I'm speechless.

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

merry Christmas Yoanna!

NO ONE should complain about the snatch test after this video of you ;) nicely done!
Blessings for the new year!!!

Paula said...

I think it's awesome that you can do those snatches with that weight... and preggo!