Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Use it or lose it!


A couple months ago I was capable of pressing the 24kg Kettlebell.


I have been training light since then because I was overtrained from two years of heavy lifting.:(


Last week I attempted to press the 24kg and I could not do it. Mentally I knew I could do it but my body couldn't do it.


Franz suggested to me to remove my shoes and perform a couple single leg deadlifts and a snatch of the 24 kg into an eccentric military press. I rested a few minutes and I tried again!


Bingo!!!! I could press my 24kg Kettlebell again!:)


Be careful.... If you don't use it you will lose it!

2 comments:

Ken Black said...

Cool Yoana.
smiling also? ;)

Tommy Shook said...

Nice...darn impressive!
You never actually "lost" it..it was just hiding a bit, I think. Anyways, smart moves with the DL and snatch...opening the groove back up.
Nice and strong...awesome!